A beautiful smile can't thrive - or even exist - without strong teeth to support it. General dentistry is the foundation of those healthy teeth. We prize preventive dentistry above all else. By taking steps to prevent dental problems, you preserve your smile while avoiding demands on your time, energy, and finances. Dr. Sangyoung Lee and our team strive to provide every patient with the knowledge and tools they need to establish stellar oral health and keep their teeth healthy throughout their lives.
Regular dental exams are vital in building strong oral health. Only a dental professional is able to recognize early signs of cavities, periodontal disease, and other dental problems. Depending on your needs, you'll need to visit our office at a certain frequency; the average is every six months.
A standard exam involves the following steps:
- Monitoring for Disease - We will examine your mouth and look for signs of burgeoning problems.
- X-Rays - X-rays are the only way to view decay that has taken hold in visually inaccessible spots. X-rays will also be used in treatment planning for cosmetic, restorative, or orthodontic treatment. They are vital to dentistry and planning predictable treatment.
- Teeth Cleaning - Your hygienist will remove bacteria, plaque, and tartar from your tooth surfaces with a dental scaler.
- Polish - We will polish your teeth to remove external stains and add shine to your smile.
- Discussion of oral health - After examining your teeth, Dr. Lee will check in with you as to the state of your oral health. He'll discuss your brushing and flossing, and suggest steps you may take to see improved health.
Pediatric Dental Health
Children have special dental considerations. As their permanent teeth are forming, they need to receive the proper nutrients to see strong permanent teeth in a day. Dr. Lee will ensure you are aware of what your children's teeth need. Our dental care is gentle and will help soothe your children and make them feel comfortable at the dentists.
There's no harm in scheduling your next dental exam today! Get in touch to make the appointment.