Why Invisalign is Right For You
Do you want a straighter smile but feel like you may be too old to be wearing braces? Well, Dr. Sangyoung Lee understands how you feel, which is why he offers Invisalign at his Elkhart, IN, office.
Invisalign is a custom-made clear aligner that fits over your upper and lower teeth. Aligners function like traditional braces by applying pressure on each tooth to move them into their proper position. Your Elkhart dentist creates these custom aligners using a specialized computer software called CAD.
Invisalign trays are flexible, unlike traditional metal braces, and don't irritate soft tissue. You need to keep on the clear braces for a minimum of 20 to 22 hours a day. You can take them off while you eat, brush your teeth and floss.
Benefits of Invisalign:
- Oral Hygiene: This removable appliance makes it easy to keep them and your teeth clean. This is contrary to traditional metal braces that make brushing and flossing difficult.
- Discreet Look: The clear braces don't need wires and brackets like traditional metal braces, which can be very embarrassing, especially for a teenager or young adult. Invisalign, however, is transparent, so no one will notice if you have braces.
- No Dietary Restrictions: Traditional braces prevent people from eating stuff like taffy apples or corn. This isn't an issue when it comes to Invisalign. You can eat whatever you want because aligners can be removed when you need to eat.
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are thin, flexible aligners so they won't irritate oral soft tissue, unlike bulky metal braces.
- Teeth-Grinding Protection: If you have a teeth-grinding or clenching habit, Invisalign clear aligners can be used as a night guard to protect your teeth.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with your Elkhart, IN, dentist, to ask about Invisalign, then call his office today! Dr. Sangyoung Lee will be more than happy to help you.