The Smile Problems That Invisalign Can Treat
posted: May 27, 2020.
Invisalign is a top game-changer in the world of orthodontics. This clear thermoplastic aligner orthodontic system has been used by millions of people around the world to address various kinds of orthodontic problems. While it can treat a lot of orthodontic issues, however, it can’t treat all. A consultation with your dentist here at Elkhart Dental Center in Elkhart, IN, Dr. Sangyoung Lee will determine your eligibility for the procedure.
More complex orthodontic cases are being treated successfully with Invisalign today. Invisalign could effectively treat the following problems in certain individuals, based on the severity of the issue or whether there are multiple issues to address:
- Crooked Teeth: Invisalign is usually effective at correcting minor to moderate crookedness.
- Underbite: This happens when the lower teeth are positioned in front of your upper teeth instead of behind when you bite. This could result in your teeth wearing down faster and speech difficulties.
- Overbite: This occurs when your upper teeth are positioned too far from your lower teeth when you bite. It could make it harder for you to bite and chew certain foods.
- Crossbite: This is when some of your upper teeth fall inside your lower teeth instead of outside. It can lead to the gums receding and premature wear of the teeth.
- Crowded Teeth: People who have crowded teeth have smaller than normal jaws that can’t accommodate all of their teeth, leading to crowding. The reduced gaps between teeth enable food to easily get stuck and for plaque to accumulate, in turn, increasing your risk of developing gum disease and tooth decay. Depending on the complexity and severity of crowding, Invisalign can be utilized for fixing crowding.
- Open Bite: Invisalign could be used for treating an open bite, in which the lower and upper teeth do not properly meet, by moving them into their supposed positions.
- Teeth Gaps: Excess space between teeth is an issue as this can lead to gum disease and pain in some, depending on how wide the gaps are. Invisalign could close these gaps to give you a more pleasant-looking smile and a healthier mouth.
For More Details on Invisalign Treatment, Give Us a Call
Dial (574) 522-0156 to arrange an evaluation with our dentist, Dr. Sangyoung Lee of Elkhart Dental Center here in Elkhart, IN.