Straighten Your Smile Discreetly
posted: Jan. 09, 2020.
Crooked teeth not just affect your appearance—they can also negatively impact your oral health. If you don’t want to wear traditional braces to straighten your smile, Invisalign offers a removable and more comfortable alternative to metal braces. Here at Elkhart Dental Center in Elkhart, IN, Dr. Sangyoung Lee uses Invisalign to help straighten your smile discreetly. The clear plastic aligner trays are practically invisible when worn and treatment is also very simple. They work by moving your misaligned teeth into the proper position without metal wires and brackets.
Main Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign is Remarkably Discreet
- Your dentist will customize Invisalign trays to fit your smile perfectly. These trays are made of clear plastic, so they will be virtually invisible when you’re wearing them.
- Invisalign is more comfortable than metal braces
- The smooth edges and snug fit of Invisalign aligners won’t irritate your mouth’s soft tissues.
- Eating and oral hygiene is easier with Invisalign
- Because Invisalign trays are detachable, you can enjoy eating all the food you want—even crunchy and sticky ones—without fearing that they’ll be stuck to your metal braces. You can likewise floss and brush your teeth normally.
What Can Invisalign Treat?
While only your Elkhart, IN, dentist can determine whether Invisalign will work for you, in general, it can successfully treat the following conditions:
- Crowded Teeth – This happens when there isn’t sufficient space in the jaw to fit all the teeth properly.
- Gapped Teeth – This is characterized by spaces in between the teeth.
- Overbite – This occurs when the upper teeth significantly stick out past the lower teeth.
- Underbite – This happens when the lower teeth projects significantly more forward than the upper teeth.
- Crossbite – This is when both the lower and upper teeth don’t meet properly when in a bite.
- Open Bite – This occurs when there’s a gap in between your lower and upper teeth when biting.
Who Can Wear Invisalign?
Invisalign may be an option for you if:
- You want the most discreet way to straighten your smile.
- You want a faster treatment time and quicker results than what metal braces can offer.
- You can commit to wearing the Invisalign trays for 20 to 22 hours every single day.
- You don’t have severe malocclusion, huge gaps, or rotated teeth.
To confirm whether you’re an ideal candidate for Invisalign, call Elkhart Dental Center, Elkhart, IN, at (574) 522-0156 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Sangyoung Lee today.