Do you want a straighter smile but feel like you may be too old to be wearing braces? Well, Dr. Sangyoung Lee understands how you feel, which is why he offers Invisalign at his Elkhart, IN, office.
Invisalign is a custom-made clear aligner that fits over your upper and lower teeth. Aligners function like traditional braces by applying pressure on each tooth to move them into their proper position. Your Elkhart dentist creates these custom aligners using a specialized computer software called CAD.
Invisalign trays are flexible, unlike traditional metal braces, and don't irritate soft tissue. You need to keep on the clear braces for a minimum of 20 to 22 hours a day. You can take them off while you eat, brush your teeth and floss.
Benefits of Invisalign:
- Oral Hygiene: This removable appliance makes it easy to keep them and your teeth clean. This is contrary to traditional metal braces that make brushing and flossing difficult.
- Discreet Look: The clear braces don't need wires and brackets like traditional metal braces, which can be very embarrassing, especially for a teenager or young adult. Invisalign, however, is transparent, so no one will notice if you have braces.
- No Dietary Restrictions: Traditional braces prevent people from eating stuff like taffy apples or corn. This isn't an issue when it comes to Invisalign. You can eat whatever you want because aligners can be removed when you need to eat.
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are thin, flexible aligners so they won't irritate oral soft tissue, unlike bulky metal braces.
- Teeth-Grinding Protection: If you have a teeth-grinding or clenching habit, Invisalign clear aligners can be used as a night guard to protect your teeth.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with your Elkhart, IN, dentist, to ask about Invisalign, then call his office today! Dr. Sangyoung Lee will be more than happy to help you.
How Can Sealants Help Your Child's Smile?
Are you doing everything you can to keep your child's smile healthy? Getting dental sealants put on is simple and painless. Dental sealants are painted on as a liquid and quickly harden to form a shield over the teeth. Read on to find out how sealants from your family dentist in Elkhart, IN, can help your child's smile.
1. Sealants are virtually invisible. Dental sealants are clear or white in color, making them virtually invisible when smiling, eating, or talking. Dental sealants fit perfectly into the grooves of the teeth and look completely natural. They're designed to blend in with natural teeth.
2. Sealants help prevent tooth decay. Dental sealants cover the chewing surfaces of the teeth and protect these vulnerable areas from decay by "sealing out" food and plaque. A recent study showed that dental sealants warded off decay in high proportions of permanent teeth, sometimes for up to 10 years.
3. Sealants help prevent cavities. Tooth decay is the destruction of enamel that occurs when bacteria in the mouth make acids that eat away at the enamel. A dental cavity is the result of the tooth decay process that happens over time. Having dental sealants put on teeth before they decay will also save money and time in the long run by avoiding fillings, or crowns used to repair decayed teeth.
4. Sealants help prevent tooth loss. As children grow and develop, they will lose their baby teeth and new, permanent teeth will take their place. Premature tooth loss is a problem that often affects children. Dental sealants can keep your child's healthy so they are not lost too early.
5. Sealants are long-lasting. Dental sealants are durable and long-lasting. They can protect from decay for up to a year. Sealants need to be checked for wearing or chipping at regular dental checkups. Your family dentist in Elkhart, IN, can replace sealants as necessary. The family dentist can repair dental sealants by adding more sealant material.
If your child needs sealants, why wait? We can help you today! Call Elkhart Dental Center at (574) 522-0156 today to schedule a dental appointment in Elkhart, IN. Dental sealants will keep your child's smile healthy for years to come. Remember, healthy smiles are the happiest smiles!
Have questions about Invisalign? Invisalign is the clear alternative to metal braces and improves your smile without disrupting your life. Dr. Sangyoung Lee at Elkhart Dental Center in Elkhart, IN, offers orthodontic treatment with Invisalign to their patients.
What is Invisalign treatment?
Invisalign treatment is the process of wearing a series of custom-made aligners that gradually straighten your teeth. No wires, brackets, or restrictions that come with traditional braces. Invisalign treatment is a great solution for teenagers and adults looking for a virtually invisible method to enhance their smile.
What are the aligners made of?
Your Elkhart, IN, dentist will supply you with a set of Invisalign aligner trays. These trays are made of a thermoplastic material uniquely developed for your treatment plan. They are worn for about two weeks, then you switch to a new set of trays.
How does Invisalign straighten teeth?
Invisalign aligner trays straighten teeth through the placement of controlled force on the teeth. You will need to wear your aligner trays for about 20 to 22 hours every day, except to brush, floss, and eat. Invisalign aligner trays move your teeth in small increments.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Invisalign aligner trays are transparent and work with your lifestyle.
- They're nearly invisible, so most people won't notice that you're wearing them.
- With traditional braces, you have to avoid eating certain foods because they can get stuck in your braces.
- Invisalign aligners can be removed for special occasions, eating, brushing, and flossing.
How long does treatment take?
It takes between 9 to 18 months to create a brand new smile using Invisalign. The average length of your treatment depends on the severity of your condition and can be determined by your dentist. Before you start treatment, you will know how long your treatment will take and what your teeth are expected to look like.
Will I need a retainer after treatment?
Wearing a retainer after orthodontic treatment is an important step because it keeps your teeth stable in their new positions. If you want your teeth to remain in their new positions, it's best to wear a retainer. In many cases, the patient's last aligner will be their temporary retainer, until their retention option is determined.
What's the best way to clean my aligners?
Rinse your aligner trays every night and brush them gently with a toothbrush to keep them clean. The best way to make sure your aligners are clean is to soak them in Invisalign Cleaning Crystals or a denture cleaner. To maintain proper hygiene, you should brush your teeth after meals and before you reinsert your aligners.
How do I get started with Invisalign?
You can get started with Invisalign by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Lee. At your first consultation, he will discuss your needs and evaluate whether Invisalign treatment is suitable for you.
Invisalign will do you and your smile a world of good. Call Elkhart Dental Center Elkhart, IN, at 574-522-0156 to schedule a consultation today!
Want a whiter smile? Find out how our Elkhart, IN, dentist can help you.
Many people are empowering themselves is by turning to cosmetic dentistry to improve their smiles. If your smile isn’t as white and radiant as it used to be, our Elkhart, IN, dentist Dr. Sangyoung Lee can help. Discover the unique benefits of getting professional teeth whitening,
Fast, Visible Results
If you have an important event coming up then you may not be able to wait weeks to see results from at-home methods. Plus, many at-home options don’t provide significant changes. If you want to see a visibly brighter smile in just one hour then you’ll want to turn to our Elkhart, IN, cosmetic dentist for professional in-office whitening. We can get your smile several shades whiter in about one hour.
Many over-the-counter whitening methods use a one-size-fits-most approach to whitening. This means the trays aren’t custom-made to fit your mouth. As a result, some areas of your smile may get whiter than others; however, professional in-office whitening is performed right here by our qualified dentist who will make sure that your entire smile gets the thorough whitening it needs.
Again, over-the-counter whitening doesn’t take certain factors into account that could affect your results. We know that no two people’s smiles are the same and so we tailor our whitening to meet your needs. Maybe you have tooth sensitivity or you are dealing with some rather challenging stains. We can work with you to make sure you get the treatment and results you want.
Improve Your Oral Health
One of the obvious benefits of whitening is that it removes those stains to reveal a whiter and more beautiful smile. As a result, you’ll feel more confident and work even harder to keep your teeth healthier to maintain your results for as long as possible. You may be surprised to see that your oral health receives quite a boost just from a simple whitening treatment.
Are you interested in getting professional teeth whitening in Elkhart, IN? If so, then it’s the perfect time to call Elkhart Dental Center to schedule a consultation with us. Getting a whiter smile has never been easier.
Dental fillings can help resolve damage done by cavities and/or trauma. Your family dentist at Elkhart Dental Center in Elkhart, IN, Dr. Sangyoung Lee, provides tooth-colored fillings, as well as other types of dental restorations, to fix teeth.
What are fillings?
According to a 2000 report by the U.S. Surgeon General, most people have had at least one cavity by age 17.
Tooth-colored fillings are usually preferred by individuals who don't want visible fillings. They are also known as composite resin and made of plastic resin and a filler, finely ground glass-like particles. They fix issues such as chips and cracks, fractures, decays, discolored and stained teeth, and short teeth.
Fillings seal holes caused by cavities. A cavity results from bacterial plaque that produces acid and creates holes (cavities) in teeth. If not detected early on, serious issues may occur, like receding gums. Your Elkhart family dentist cleans and disinfects the cavity, then they seal it with the filling to protect the integrity of the tooth.
Composite is a popular and expensive choice that lasts longer, but doesn't require as much drilling compared to amalgam.
Caring for fillings
Dental fillings require the same care as all your teeth: Brush your teeth twice a day, after breakfast and before bed. Floss at least once before bed and maintain a healthy diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables. Drink water to help wash away food debris, and visit your family dentist twice a year for regular checkups and professional cleanings.
After your dentist has finished the procedure, your teeth will look natural.
Benefits of fillings
There are many advantages of tooth-colored fillings, like teeth that don't gray, natural-looking teeth that provide a beautiful smile, composite which strengthens your teeth, and sealed cracks which protect teeth from further decay.
Make sure you brush your teeth and floss every day to maintain a healthy oral regimen.
If you have any questions about tooth-colored fillings, don't hesitate to call your family dentist at Elkhart Dental Center, Dr. Sangyoung Lee. You can reach him at (574) 522-0156 in his Elkhart, IN, office.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.