Finding the Right Family Dentist For You
posted: Nov. 17, 2021.
Finding a family dentist in Elkhart, IN, is a crucial decision because you will be partners in the overall dental healthcare of your family. In addition, finding a family dentist you and your family are comfortable seeing helps reduce any stress and anxiety your family may experience when visiting the dentist. Dr. Sangyoung Lee and Dr. Sunny at Elkhart Dental Center believe in helping families receive dental care in a comfortable and reliable setting.
Ask for Referrals
When looking for a family dentist in Elkhart, IN, the American Dental Association (ADA) recommends asking for referrals. Ask friends, family, co-workers, or neighbors whom they use as their family dentist and if they recommend them. In addition, your family doctor or local pharmacist might have someone they recommend. If you cannot get any recommendations, contact a local or state dental society for a list of local dentists.
Visit Multiple Family Dentists
The ADA also suggests calling and visiting multiple family dentists before choosing one. Make an initial visit or consultation appointment with three or four dentists and ask the following questions:
- Do they accept your insurance?
- Do they submit claims to the insurance company?
- Do they offer payment options for what is not covered by insurance or for non-insured patients?
- Do they belong to the American Dental Association or other professional associations?
- What are their office hours?
- What type of anesthesia does the office use? Is the dentist certified to administer it?
- Do the dentists and staff participate in any form of ongoing training?
- What happens if there is a dental emergency?
- Will they discuss treatment plans and all associated costs upfront?
- Can you take a look around their office and meet the staff?
The doctors at Elkhart Dental Center in Elkhart, IN, believe in helping you find the right family dentist for your family. Call (574) 522-0156 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Lee and Dr. Sunny.